Friday, January 29, 2021

Who was my name sake

My mother worked for a country doctor's family in Bancroft Nebraska as a house keeper. She did house keeping chores for the family. This family had three children as I recall. One of the children was named David. My mother always liked that name so when I was born I was named David. This same doctor delivered me when I was born and continued to be my doctor until I became an adult. I have fond memories of visiting the doctor's house and playing in the basement with the doctor's children. They had the neatest horse swings hung from the ceiling and would swing back and forth almost up to the ceiling. The doctor's offical office was on the second floor of a store front in down town Bancroft. I can remember climbing what seemed like the longest set of stairs on the planet every time I went to the doctor. The remedy to what ever I had was usually a shot the bottom.

No comments: