Friday, January 29, 2021

What is my calling or purpose in life?

At age 54 I started a search for what God would have me to do. This was right after Dottie had died. I connected with Pastor Eric at Trinity church and began a journey into prayer. It seems only natural now that this would be what the Lord had in mind for me all along as I began my life by praying for family and pets. My search lead me to a point where the Lord gave me a new name of "Worshiping Warrior David". I have been drawn into being and intercessor and a watchman. In the year of hurricane Katrina and Rita, 2005, I volunteered to go on a Rapid Response team to help the areas hit with recovery. This hit a chord in my heart and now I believe that the Lord has put me on course to be engaged with this type of activity full time.

I believe that God equipped me while I was being formed in my mother's womb to help others in many different ways. whether it be disaster relief for just being available to take those without a car to run errands, help family with transportation, or just sit with an aging mother in law to help ward off loneliness. Long phone calls and encouraging email messages for the heart lonely. Life changes as we live it. 

No comments: