Friday, January 29, 2021

What animals were in the home while growing up?

We always had animals in the home while I grew up. They were dogs that mostly stayed outside until my Mom became interested in Toy Manchester during my High School years and after I had left home for College. The first dog I can remember was a Cocker Spaniel named Hazel. I never knew what become of her until my Dad said she was killed. She was an outside dog on the farm and would disappear for days at a time. Next came a boxer named Mitsi, then an Irish Setter name Cocoa that loved to chase cars and eventually got run over by a tractor. After that came Taska the German Shepard with a litter of pups soon after we got her. After leaving home and having my own family, we acquired a mixed breed dog named Lucky which we got to help my oldest daughter get over nightmares of dogs biting her. Then there was Gidget and Bootsie mixed breed dogs and a black cat named Casey Mae. We then were given a dog named Gretchen who had a litter of pups which a dog named John Jon was born. This dog was part of the family the longest of any of the other animals. He finally had to be put to sleep around 15 years old after Dottie had died and Lydia the last of the children left home.

I don't expect to have any more animals in my lifetime.

No comments: