Friday, January 29, 2021

Crazy fads from school days.

I think my generation invented crazy fads. We went from the Bobby socks with poodle skirts, slicked back duck tail hair on boys, and jitter bug dances to flat top hair cuts with rolled up sleeves on T-shirts and penny loafer shoes. Then we progressed into long hair Beetle hair cuts and polyister clothes with bell bottoms. Hair styles changed to the Afro look and then morphed into just about any of the past or present styles were good. I participated in the long hair hippie look with a beard which I still have. However the hair is gone on top and cropped short on the sides these days. I participated in the polyister shirts and bell bottom pants. I was always about one style behind the current trend. Today I just like denum kind of modern western look with sneakers and ball cap. However I do have a cowboy hat with western boots for special occasions. I have a Nebraska game day outfit with hat and have purchased a NASCAR jacket for #17 Kenseth DeWalt car and a hat.

No comments: